Vertigo is the sensational feeling of motion or imbalance. It is a not an ailment but a symptom of a disorder that can occur in individuals at any age.
Often the imbalance is accompanied by various symptoms such as sweating, vomiting, unsteadiness, or nausea. Vertigo is different from acrophobia, which is having an extreme fear of heights.
This is a common disorder that can affect people of all age groups. In fact as per the global health reports, almost 20 – 40% of people in the world experience vertigo once in their lifetime.
Why is Clinical Assistance Important?
Since vertigo is not an ailment but a symptom of the disorder, so it is essential to undertake proper medical assistance for the same. Suppressing the symptom is going to offer relief for a short time duration. But it may occur back at any point in time and can be severe and prone to deliver more complicated consequences than before.
Furthermore, vertigo can be associated with various other complicated disorders such as BBPV, Vestibular Neuritis, Labyrinthitis, Acoustic Neuroma, Meniere’s disease, Otolith Dysfunction, Central Vestibulopathy, or psychogenic disorders.
When vertigo is associated with different disorders, then distinct treatments are required to resolve the ailment. With the help of precise diagnosis, it is possible for the doctor to recommend you with the correct treatment.
Hence, it becomes essential to get proper medical assistance for the same.
Diagnosis and Clinical Tests of Vertigo
When you visit a vertigo specialist, a series of examinations and tests are performed to identify the cause of vertigo.
- Physical Examination
The very first approach of the doctor is conducting physical tests that aim to look for various aspects such as:
- Symptoms of dizziness that are prompted by head movements or eye movements. Such symptoms last for less than a minute.
- Feeling dizziness with eye movements that occurs when you move your head in one position or when you lie on your back or roll over the bed.
- Inability to control the movements of eye
If the physical process is not able to lead to a defined outcome then additional testing is done in order to determine the cause. The additional testing can be done in two forms:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
This test utilizes a magnetic field as well as radio waves to generate cross-sectional images of the body and head. Your doctor uses such images to diagnose and identify numerous tricky conditions. The purpose of performing MRI is to rule out the other usual causes of vertigo.
- Videonystagmography (VNG) or ElectroNystagmography (ENG)
This is another test done to detect the abnormal movement of the eyes. ENG is done using electrodes and VNG is done using cameras. The aim of this test is to identify that whether vertigo is due to any ailment or disorder or is due to inner ear disease.
In this test, the involuntary eye movements are measured while the head is placed in various positions. Even the organs are stimulated with air or water to reach out to desired results.
Benefits of Going to Vertigo Treatment Clinics
- Precise Evaluation – One of the prominent benefits of going to a clinical treatment for vertigo is that the experts conduct a series of tests in order to determine the actual cause of the ailment. With an in-depth evaluation of the body, it is possible to identify the disorders and then recommend suitable diagnostic and treatment methods for the same.
- State-of-the-art Facilities – Most of the reputed vertigo clinics are equipped with premium facilities. These solutions are designed to offer you with the best treatment of vertigo and are planned in accordance with high standards.
- Customized Solutions – The symptoms and severity of vertigo vary from person to person. For this reason, it becomes essential to offer each individual with treatment specific to their conditions. Diagnosing the unique underlying cause of the disorder ensures customized treatment, and hence, better outcomes.
- Latest Technologies – There are conventional practices for treating vertigo, but this will suppress the symptoms of vertigo for a specific duration. The problem will persist and may disclose severe signs in the future. But with advanced technology, such as cloud technology and using advanced equipment it is possible to alleviate the problem completely.